Necessity for Registration ?
No person shall drive any Motor Vehicle and no owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause or permit the vehicle to be driven in any public place or any other place, unless the vehicle is Registered in accordence with Chapter 4 of IMV Act 1988.
Registration where to be made ?
Every owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registrating Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.
Registration, how to be made?
- TEMPORARY REGISTRATION
- PERMANENT REGISTRATION
- RENEWAL OF CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- ISSUE OF DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
- ISSUE OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE
- CHANGE IN RESIDENCE
- ENDORSEMENT OF HIRE-PURCHASE AGREEMENT
- TERMINATION OF HIRE-PURCHASE AGREEMENT
- RESERVATION OF NUMBERS
- STATE CODES
- CATEGORISATION OF VEHICLES
- FORM AND MANNER OF DISPLAY OF REGISTRATION MARKS ON THE MOTOR VEHICLES