• Where the ownership of a motor vehicle is transferred, the transferor shall report the fact of transfer in Form 29 to the registering authorities concerned in whose jurisdiction the transferor and the transferee reside or have their places of business.
  • An application for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle under sub-clause
    • of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 50 shall be made by the transferee in Form 30, and shall be accompanied by:-
    • the certificate of registration
    • the certificate of insurance,
    • the certificate of pollution under control
    • PAN card in case of 4-wheeler
    • The appropriate fee as specified in rule 81.
  • An application for Issue of No Objection Certificate shall be made in Form 28 (in triplicate) to the Registration Authority by which the Vehicle was previously Registered / Transferred. by affixing Rs.3/- Non-Judicial Court Fee Stamp.
    • a no objection certificate granted by the registering authority under subh-section (3) of section 48; or
    • an order of the registering authority refusing to grant the no objection certificate under sub-section (3) of section 48;
    • where the no objection certificate or the order, as the case may be, has not been received, a declaration by the transferor that he has not received any such communication together with:-
    • the receipt obtained from the registering authority under sub-section (2) of section 48; or
    • the postal acknowledgement received from the registering authority where the application for no objection certificate has been sent by post.